Friday, August 24, 2007

My hair is thin. I heard that if I cut it, it will grow back thicker. Is this true?

If only life were that simple. Sorry, you can't change your hair type with a snip of the scissors. But frequent trims can keep your locks looking thicker and even fuller, since they cut down on split ends. You can also pump up your hair's volume with special shampoos and conditioners for thin hair. Check out styling products that say "volumizing" or "thickening" on the label. But don't overdo it with globs of gel too much of a good thing could leave your hair weighed down and hanging limp.


My hair is oily - should I avoid conditioners?

Every hair type, even oily, needs conditioning to keep it healthy and shiny. But if you're prone to greasy roots towel-dry hair after shampooing, Then work a dime size amount of conditioner from ends to halfway up the length of locks to make your mane soft and manageable.

No comments: